Here is a checklist of one-liner reminders you can use to motivate yourselves and others.
- Be on fire.
- Bend the rules to bring out your best.
- Create some space.
- Create the arena that serves you.
- Cut the dead wood.
- Do the opposite.
- Don’t let anybody tell you can’t do something, or that you’re not good enough.
- Eat, sleep, and exercise on a cadence.
- Empower yourself.
- Find a way.
- Internalize your success.
- Switch to the past, present, or future.
- Act on your inspiration.
- Build momentum.
- Do worst things first.
- Find your flow.
- Finish faster.
- Keep moving forward.
- Just start.
- Make it a “MUST.”
- Simplify it.
- Stick with it.
- Switch gears.
- Turn “have tos” into “choose tos.”
- Don’t let anxiety or worry get the best of you.
- Use stress to be your best.
- Be the change you want to see.
- Be part of the solution.
- Call it an experiment.
- Embrace the change.
- Rattle your own cage.
- Figure out what you want.
- Be YOUR best.
- Say “No” to the stuff that drags you down.
- Say “Yes” to the stuff that lifts you up.
Discipline, Self-Awareness, and Self-Control
- Build your inner strength.
- Don’t let other people push your buttons.
- Inspire yourself with skill.
- Be confident and calm.
- Change your state.
- Change your thoughts to change your feelings.
- Do passion work.
- Energize your approach.
- Link it to good feelings.
- Love the mission.
- Play your favorite music.
- Turn your anger into action.
- Want it with a passion.
- Change your approach.
- Conquer your fears.
- Conquer your problems with confidence.
- Deflect the setbacks with skill.
- Divide and conquer your problems with skill.
- Don’t let fear stop you.
- Don’t look for excuses.
- Don’t play the blame game.
- Ask questions that move the ball forward.
- Focus on one pitch at a time.
- Focus on the greater good.
- Focus on the numbers.
- Focus on the things that empower you.
- Focus on what you want.
- Focus on what’s working.
- Point your camera at the things that fire you up.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Get your game on.
- Go for the epic win.
Goals and Limits
- Set a deadline.
- Set a time limit.
- Set a quantity limit.
- Set extreme goals.
- Set mini goals.
Mental Models, Mindsets, and Metaphors
- Be a force of one.
- Change the frame, to change your game. .
- Choose the metaphors that light your fire.
- Model the best.
Pain and Pleasure
- Remind yourself how short life is.
- Remind yourself, that It could always be worse.
- Use a big stick.
- Use pleasure and pain.
- Don’t be a perfectionist.
- Chart your progress.
- Count the wins.
- Reward your effort and your results.
- Choose significant tasks that are meaningful for you.
- Choose the words that mean something to you.
- Find your “one thing.”
- Find your “why.”
- Play to your strengths.
- Build your band of merry men.
- Team up to tackle the tough stuff.
- Ask yourself, “What would <<fill in the blank of favorite hero>> do?”
- Be a coach, not a critic.
- Change the story you tell yourself.
- Don’t play the same broken record.
- Think the thoughts that serve you.
- Choose the scenes that serve you.
- Create a wall of inspiration.
- See it in your mind’s eye.
- See what’s possible in a way that blows your mind.