“Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” — Steve Jobs
Agile Results helps you spend your precious life force on the things that matter most for sustainable productivity and personal fulfillment.
In our fast-paced world, it’s easy to get caught up in the busyness of life and lose sight of what truly matters.
We often find ourselves spending our time and energy on things that don’t align with our values, goals, or purpose.
But what if we could spend our precious life force on the things that matter most to us?
Agile Results is a productivity system that can help us do just that.
By using Agile Results, we can prioritize and focus on the activities that will bring us the most fulfillment, satisfaction, and success. It’s time to take control of our lives and start spending our life force where it counts.
Spend Your Precious Life Force on Things That Matter Most
During a conversation with one the Greatest of All Time recruiters at Microsoft, I asked for feedback on my Agile Results system.
Without skipping a beat, she said:
“I love the fact you focused on helping people spend their precious life force on things that matter. That whole better energy, better results idea is a real game changer for teams and leaders.”
I had already been coaching individuals, teams, and leaders in Agile Results for over a decade across Microsoft and several external organizations, too.
Here is it, another decade later, since that conversation. And Agile Results has continued to grow with me, as I grow.
It’s grown with me from an individual contributor to team leader and making impact around the world from world-wide positions. It’s served me in the best of times, and in the worst of times, including my worst physical injuries. It helps me stay strong, move forward, and adapt.
And it’s helped many people around the world from students to musicians to athletes to leaders to be more and achieve more in work and life.
It’s even the system that helped doctors prioritize on the front lines when they are saving lives. And it’s helped social workers get people off the streets and back into houses and jobs.
How To Use Agile Results to Help You Spend Your Life Force Better
Agile Results provides a framework for spending your precious life force better by focusing on high-impact tasks, playing to your strengths, and continuously improving your approach. Here are some tips for using Agile Results to achieve this:
- Identify your three most important results for the day, week, month, and year. Use stories to describe these results and make them compelling and meaningful.
- Focus on outcomes over activities. Define what good will look like and work on the right things to produce the right results for your current situation.
- Play to your strengths and limit your weaknesses. Spend your time and energy on your strengths and partner or team up with others that supplement your weaknesses.
- Use timeboxing and time-based boundaries to manage your time more effectively. Fix time for important activities like eating, sleeping, and working out, and use timeboxes to produce results within that fixed time frame.
- Foster resilience through tolerance for failure and feedback-driven improvement. Use failures as an opportunity to learn and improve your approach.
By using Agile Results to spend your precious life force better, you can achieve sustainable results and continuously improve your approach over time.
How To Use 3 Wins to Spend Your Life Force Better
here is a step-by-step guide on how to spend your life force better by using 3 wins for the day, the week, the month:
- Start by setting a clear vision for the week or the month ahead. This will help you prioritize your goals and focus on what’s truly important.
- Identify the three most important wins that you want to achieve for the day, the week, or the month. These could be related to your work, personal life, or health and well-being.
- Write down your three wins in a visible place, such as a planner, sticky note, or digital app. This will help you stay accountable and remind you of your priorities throughout the day.
- Break down each win into smaller, actionable steps that you can take to achieve it. For example, if your win is to complete a project at work, break it down into smaller tasks such as research, outlining, drafting, and editing.
- Use timeboxing to allocate specific time slots to each task. This will help you stay focused and ensure that you make progress towards your wins each day.
- At the end of each day, reflect on your progress towards your wins. Celebrate your successes and identify areas for improvement. Use this feedback to adjust your approach for the next day.
- Repeat this process each day, week, and month, adjusting your wins and approach as necessary based on your progress and changing circumstances.
By using this approach, you can spend your precious life force better by focusing on the most important wins and taking actionable steps to achieve them. This will help you stay motivated, productive, and fulfilled while making progress towards your long-term goals.
How To Use Life Hot Spots to Spend Your Life Force Better
The Life Hot Spots framework in Agile Results is a way to identify and prioritize the most important areas of your life where you want to focus your attention and energy.
Here’s how to use it to spend your precious life force better:
- Identify your life hot spots: The first step is to identify the areas of your life that are most important to you. These could be things like your health, career, relationships, personal growth, finances, and hobbies. Make a list of your top 3-5 hot spots.
- Prioritize your hot spots: Once you have identified your hot spots, prioritize them in order of importance. Think about which ones are most critical to your overall well-being and long-term success.
- Set goals for each hot spot: For each hot spot, set specific goals that will help you make progress in that area. These goals should be challenging but achievable, and should align with your priorities.
- Break down your goals: Once you have set your goals, break them down into smaller, more manageable tasks that you can work on each day or each week. This will help you stay focused and make steady progress towards your goals.
- Schedule time for each hot spot: To make sure you are spending your precious life force on the right things, schedule time in your calendar for each of your hot spots. This could be daily, weekly, or monthly depending on the hot spot and your goals for that area.
- Review and adjust: Finally, review your progress regularly and adjust your approach as needed. Use your weekly and monthly reflections to track your progress and identify areas where you need to make changes or adjust your goals.
By using the Life Hot Spots framework in Agile Results, you can ensure that you are spending your precious life force on the things that matter most to you and making steady progress towards your goals in all areas of your life.
Don’t Just Spend Your Life Force. Invest Your Life Force.
Agile Results is a powerful productivity system that can help you spend your precious life force on the things that matter most.
By focusing on your strengths, setting boundaries, and prioritizing the most important outcomes, you can achieve more while enjoying the journey.
With the Life Hot Spots framework, you can create a balanced approach to work and life that maximizes your energy and fulfillment.
Embrace the Agile Results system, and you’ll be amazed at how much more you can achieve while living a more fulfilling and meaningful life.
Don’t just spend your life force. Invest your life force. Invest in the experience that light up your life and make you come alive.
You Might Also Like
Agile Results Hub
Agile Results Philosophy
Getting Started with Agile Results
Deep Dive Guide to Agile Results
Be the Author of Your Life and Write Your Story Forward
Life Hot Spots Framework