“Productivity is not about doing more; it’s about making more progress on what matters most.” — J.D. Meier, Getting Results the Agile Way
When I first joined Microsoft, I was overloaded and overwhelmed. It was a sink or swim environment. The world around me changed faster than I could keep up.
I didn’t need more productivity hacks and tools. I needed a productivity system. Ultimately, I needed a productivity system that would help me grow better, be more, and achieve more, while realizing my full potential.
The Productivity Playbook I Wish Somebody Gave Me
This is the productivity playbook I wish somebody gave me when I first joined Microsoft.
Getting Results the Agile Way introduces the Agile Results productivity system. Agile Results is a simple and flexible system for realizing your potential and achieving meaningful results in work and life.
This is the book that changes lives.
I Wanted a Different Kind of Productivity System
I needed a real productivity system that would work in real world scenarios and give me an edge.
I knew I needed a productivity system, but what I wanted didn’t exist.
I wanted a different kind of productivity system…
- Meaningful Results: I wanted a productivity system forged in the real world that would help me achieve better, faster, and more meaningful results in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Work + Life: I wanted a real productivity system that I could use for work AND life.
- Whole Person: I wanted a productivity system that was whole person. I wanted to think better, feel better, and take better actions.
- Agility: I wanted a productivity system that would change with me as the world around me changed.
- Stretch to Fit: I wanted a productivity system that worked for individuals and for teams. Productivity is a team sport!
- Simple and Flexible: I wanted my productivity system to work for me, not the other way around. I wanted it to easily integrate with any productivity systems and advice. I wanted it to be simple to start and easy to get back on if I fell off the system.
- Vision-Driven, Value-Based: I wanted a system that was vision-driven and value-based. Productivity without purpose is no productivity at all, and value is the ultimate short-cut to worthy efforts and sustainable happiness. I wanted to flow value while enjoying the journey.
- Strengths-Focused: I wanted a productivity system that would focus on spending more time in strengths and less time in weaknesses. Plus, spending time in your strengths is a key way to achieve flow and a way to accelerate mastery, and a way to compound your impact in work and life.
- Wellness and Sustainable High Performance: I wanted a system that was supported wellness and high performance. I wanted a system that integrated proven practices from positive psychology and sports psychology. And I wanted sustainable high performance.
So that’s what I created. And then battle tested in extreme scenarios, taught across Microsoft, taught to other large companies, and shared with the world in my book, Getting Results the Agile Way.
How Ed Used Agile Results to Help in Emergency Responses
Watch a video how Ed was able to help doctors prioritize and focus during emergency responses around the world:
As Ed puts it, “Those who will get the most out of it, already have decided or are curious about working on themselves and improving themselves.”
And it doesn’t have to be at work. It can be from rural doctors to people who are working with personal issues, to people who have an exciting or even tough job.
Ed says, “I sometimes wonder, can I do this better? And that’s a great starting phrase to go and pick up the book.”
How Alik Used Agile Results to Change His Game at Microsoft
Watch a video how Alik used Agile Results to level up in work and life:
Alik affectionately refers to Getting Results as his “secret weapon.”
As Alik puts it, “We live in very high pace times, everything changes constantly and instantly. The principles outlined in this book help you with the practices how to be flexible and agile.”
Alik also shares how the book is an action guide:
“You can open the book to any page and you have insight for action and results. For example, you want to plan your year ahead, you jump to that specific chapter and you have guidelines how to create one.”
What Others are Saying
“JD’s ability to understand and cut to the real issues and then apply techniques that have proven to be successful in other situations is legendary at Microsoft.
Over the years I have learned that he will not recommend something or someone unless he believes in the entire value chain, making the advice you get even more potent.”
— Mark Curphey, Product Unit Manager, Microsoft
“Agile Results delivers know-what, know-why and know-how for anyone who understands the value of momentum in making your moments count.”
– Dr. Rick Kirschner, bestselling author
“JD is the go-to-guy for getting results, and Agile Results demonstrates his distinct purpose – he shows how anyone can do anything, better. This book has simple, effective, powerful tools and ideas that are easy enough for everyone to apply in their work and lives, so that they get the results they’d like, even the impossible and the unexpected.”
– Janine de Nysschen, Changemaker and Purpose Strategist, Whytelligence
Win at Work and Life!
Use Agile Results to help you win at work and life.
When you read Getting Results the Agile Way, you’ll put the art and science of personal productivity on your side.
In fact, here’s what you’ll learn ….
- Proven practices to master motivation, time management, and personal productivity
- Discover how to align your vision, mission, and values for sustainable high performance
- How to embrace change and get better results in any situation
- How to focus and direct your attention with skill
- How to use your strengths to create a powerful edge for getting results
- How to change a habit and make it stick
- How to never miss the things that matter most, and achieve better work-life integration
- How to spend more time doing the things you love
Better Energy, Better Results
Agile Results is designed to help individuals and teams improve their energy and results through a focus on personal productivity and effectiveness.
By using a set of practices and principles, including the Monday Vision, Daily Wins, and Friday Reflection pattern, individuals are able to prioritize their work based on their values and strengths, and focus on what really matters. This leads to a sense of accomplishment and motivation, which in turn fuels better energy and better results.
Additionally, Agile Results emphasizes the importance of self-care, including physical exercise, healthy eating, and good sleep, which all contribute to improved energy levels and overall well-being.
The Power of Proven Productivity Practices on Your Side
I spent more than a decade in a group called patterns & practices at Microsoft. My core job was deliberate practice focused on sharing and scaling expertise in the form of “proven practices” and learning frameworks.
Agile Results is an example of distilling deep expertise into an integrated learning framework to put the power of proven practices on your side.
Here are the core components of Agile Results that integrate proven practices for better productivity:
- 3 Wins: The idea is to identify and focus on achieving three important outcomes or “wins” for the day, week, month, quarter or year. By prioritizing these three wins and making progress towards achieving them, individuals can improve their productivity, feel more accomplished, and ultimately achieve their goals.
- The Monday Vision, Daily Wins, Friday Reflection Habit: The Monday Vision, Daily Wins, Friday Reflection Habit helps you to stay focused and productive by providing a clear vision for the week, specific tasks to accomplish each day, and a review process to reflect on your progress and continuously improve.
- The Life Hot Spots Framework: The Life Hot Spots framework is a tool for identifying and improving the most important areas of your life. The idea is to invest in your biggest areas of your life that have the biggest impact, such as mind, body, emotions, career, finance, relationships, and fun.
- Strong Week: By designing a Strong Week, you intentionally spend more time in your strengths, and less time in your weaknesses. This is the key to sustainable energy, renewing your energy, growing better faster, and achieving flow.
- Creative Hours and Power Hours: Creative hours are when a person is at their most creative, and they can be used to work on projects that require creative thinking and problem-solving. Power hours are when a person is at their most productive, and they can be used to complete tasks that require focus and attention to detail. By identifying their creative and power hours, individuals can schedule their most important work during those times to maximize their productivity and efficiency.
Get the Book and Level Up Your Productivity
Ready to transform your life and achieve your goals with Getting Results the Agile Way?
Don’t wait – take action today and start your journey towards success and productivity!
Whether you’re a busy professional, an entrepreneur, or simply someone looking to get more out of life, Getting Results the Agile Way is the ultimate solution for unlocking your true potential and achieving success on your terms.
Grab the book today and discover for yourself how Getting Results the Agile Way can transform your life and help you achieve your goals faster and with less stress.
Getting Results the Agile Way (Amazon)