From Getting Results | The Book
The Manifesto for Agile Results
Agile Results is a simple system for getting meaningful results. It's a systematic way to achieve both short- and long-term results that works for all aspects of your life. The key to achieving great results in an ever-changing world is learning and responding to change. Existing methods of planning and goal setting are heavy and static, and they just aren't working anymore. Agile Results provides fresh starts for you day, week, month, and year, to get back on your horse, and version your results, while improving over time.
The current and emerging landscape is one of:
- “Always on” - We need a way to recharge.
- Information overload - We need a better way to filter and parse action from reference.
- Shorter cycles of change - We need shorter learning loops and more effective ways to leverage change.
- Longer work hours - We need smarter ways for better days. It’s not about time spent; it’s about value created.
- Unpredictable future - We need a way to get unstuck from the way we’ve always done it, and find our best way forward.
- Reactive actions. We need to respond instead of react, and drive towards compelling outcomes.
Agile Results responds as follow:
- Meaningful results over just doing tasks.
- Fresh starts and clean slates over burdens and baggages.
- Flexible results in an ever-changing world.
- A bias for action over heavy planning.
- Boundaries and balance over burnout.
- Scenario-driven results over just doing "stuff."