Here is a checklist of one-liner reminders you can use to motivate yourselves and others.
- Bend the rules to bring out your best.
- Create the arena that serves you.
- Don’t let anybody tell you can’t do something, or that you’re not good enough.
- Eat, sleep, and exercise on a cadence.
- Internalize your success.
- Switch to the past, present, or future.
- Turn “have tos” into “choose tos.”
- Don’t let anxiety or worry get the best of you.
- Use stress to be your best.
- Be the change you want to see.
- Figure out what you want.
- Say “No” to the stuff that drags you down.
- Say “Yes” to the stuff that lifts you up.
Discipline, Self-Awareness, and Self-Control
- Build your inner strength.
- Don’t let other people push your buttons.
- Inspire yourself with skill.
- Change your thoughts to change your feelings.
- Do passion work.
- Link it to good feelings.
- Love the mission.
- Play your favorite music.
- Turn your anger into action.
- Change your approach.
- Conquer your fears.
- Conquer your problems with confidence.
- Deflect the setbacks with skill.
- Divide and conquer your problems with skill.
- Don’t let fear stop you.
- Don’t play the blame game.
- Ask questions that move the ball forward.
- Focus on one pitch at a time.
- Focus on the greater good.
- Focus on the things that empower you.
- Point your camera at the things that fire you up.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously.
Goals and Limits
- Set a quantity limit.
- Set extreme goals.
- Set mini goals.
Mental Models, Mindsets, and Metaphors
- Change the frame, to change your game. .
- Choose the metaphors that light your fire.
Pain and Pleasure
- Remind yourself how short life is.
- Remind yourself, that It could always be worse.
- Don’t be a perfectionist.
- Reward your effort and your results.
- Choose significant tasks that are meaningful for you.
- Choose the words that mean something to you.
- Build your band of merry men.
- Team up to tackle the tough stuff.
- Ask yourself, “What would <<fill in the blank of favorite hero>> do?”
- Be a coach, not a critic.
- Change the story you tell yourself.
- Don’t play the same broken record.
- Think the thoughts that serve you.
- Choose the scenes that serve you.
- Create a wall of inspiration.
- See it in your mind’s eye.
- See what’s possible in a way that blows your mind.